Facial massage is known as a treatment specially meant for the face, it requires stimulating pressure points on the face, neck and shoulder.
This massage type can be done by your skin consultant/practitioner or done on your own.
Face massage promotes healthy skin as it relaxes your facial muscles. It helps you look and feel better.
While doing a facial massage, you can use essential oils, lotions or balms. One can also use a face roller to better enhance the act of facial massage.
There are amazing super packed benefits of massaging your face especially before you go to bed at night, and there are numerous techniques to try while indulging.
Kindly stay on this page and more will be revealed to you as you read further!
Why Facial Massage Should Be Done Before Sleep
Our counsel is ‘treat yourself to a good facial massage before sleep and reap the benefits therein’.
Taking out time to massage your face every night is a great way to enhance product absorption and relax any areas where you hold tension on the face.
The benefits of face massage before sleep is massive ranging from reduced puffiness, to a more firmer, clearer and glowing skin.
Don’t get it wrong, indulging in the act of facial massage can be done at any time of the day by yourself or a specialist, just that the benefit of making it a pre-bedtime routine surpasses the fulfilment you get when done at any other time of the day. Face massage before bed has the ability to ease off every tension piled up during the days activities, leaving you to have that very good night rest you so deserve.
Now, here are some few things you can do during your facial massage, especially if done by yourself; After adequately hydrating and moisturizing your face, (facial treatments can be added alongside for those who need them) you can start by lightly tapping your face lines, ensure you apply the right amount of pressure. Next, you can run your finger tips in a circular form around your face lines, jaw and neck.
while doing this, you will begin to feel relaxed and of course sense the heat of tension leaving your face. Next, proceed to massaging your neck line, (especially the back side) also give your scalp a good massage. Don’t forget to apply the right amount of pressure.
Dare to treat yourself almost every night with this face massage technique and enjoy the bliss of free blood flow and a seamless skin. You will also be less tensed during the wake of the morning.
Every girl should adopt this pre-bedtime beauty routine!
Related: “When Does the Cervix Open“
Four Types of Facial Massage You Should Know
- Swedish: This type of facial massage focuses on muscle relaxation, targeting superficial muscles and increasing blood circulation. It is a well known and highly practised therapeutic massage. Two of the main benefits of this type of massage include tension alleviation (headaches) and muscles relaxation.
- Acupressure: This method of facial massage addressees muscles tone, energy balance and flow, specific point remedies, general wellness, skin tone and blood circulation. Facial acupressure can be performed by a massage certified professional, or a person can perform it on his or her own face. Some of the benefits of acupressure facial massage include; soothing of forehead wrinkles, improvement of air flow, glowing complexion as a result of an increased skin oxygen level, reduction of puffiness around the eyes, among so many others.
- Reflexology: Facial reflexology has existed for thousands of years, was most popular in Eastern cultures, especially in ancient Egypt. It was formulated around the concept that pressure points on the body correlate with organs and other parts of the body. Through reflexology, a professional can address and treat all parts of the body, for instance by working solely on the feet, hands, or face the therapist can stimulate energy flow to its corresponding reflex area, reduce inflammation, and promote healing. Two most prevalent benefits of facial reflexology are lowered stress and anxiety, as well as reduced insomnia.
- Gua sha: Rightly pronounced as Gwa sha and best known as a face scraping technique of massage. gua sha is a method that promotes lymphatic drainage, which helps to eliminate bloating caused by interstitial fluid fluid trapped under your skin that needs to be released. Some of the benefits of gua Sha include; inflammation reduction, production of collagen, complexion brightening, circulation stimulation and facial muscle sculpturing.
Read Also: “The Essence of Having Quiet Time“
General Benefits Of Facial Massage
- It decreases facial tension.
- It reduces appearance of bags under the eyes
- It gives one a sense of wellbeing that enhances personal balance and health.
- Promotes blood circulation in the face area
- Manage scar tissue
- It regulates insomnia
- Enhance skin complexion and glow
- Tightens loose facial muscles
Read About “Child Development“