Welcome to Chinenye's Blog
The Gospel Of Personal Development 2022
This article may contain affiliate links, which provide us with a small commission at no additional cost to you. Please read our advertisement disclaimer.
Personal development refers to an individual’s advancement, shift, or growth throughout the journey of life. To achieve desired development in the life of any person, intentionality, persistence, and consistency are required.
People cannot be said to have made tangible progress in their lives unless they make a deliberate and conscious decision to do so.
What is personal development
Personal development is the process of becoming a more complete version of oneself. It is a conscious decision to improve and broaden your capacity to experience life.
When you choose to develop yourself, you choose to become more conscious of your values, goals, dreams, and needs.
As you grow, you choose to become more conscious of your strengths, weaknesses, emotions, and behaviors.
When you develop yourself, you make the deliberate decision to be more mindful and to make the best use of your gifts and abilities.
What happens when there is no personal development
Your life will be full of constraints if you do not work on yourself. You will discover that your world is quite small because you haven’t looked at the big picture.
You will realize that you can only do what others expect of you, that you have no free time, and that you are constantly worried, tense, and unhappy.
Having a goal for personal development will provide you with a very different experience. You will find out that you have more free time, that you can do whatever you want, that you are relaxed and happy, and that you can indulge in work that you enjoy as you develop yourself.
Measures for personal development
There are numerous measures for personal development, but here are a few of the most common:
- Examine your current level – The first point of truth for everyone is the state of examining where you are in life. To experience a synchrony of your outer-self, inner-self, and the universe, you must forego any form of self-deception during this stage. The combination of these three will transport you to a realm of unfathomable tranquillity. A sense of calm that will fuel your quest for self-improvement.
- Set measurable objectives – Setting measurable goals demonstrates your commitment to this journey of self-development. Objectives provide you with a planning guide and, a goal, and will also alert you when you are heading in the wrong direction.
- Have a plan of action – Having a plan of action makes it much easier to get started. With this in place, you will have a clear direction of what to do part-time. A strategy brings your goals to life.
- Be consistent: In the pursuit of self-development, consistency is unavoidable. Being consistent will allow you to gain mastery over the events and obstacles that you will face along the way. You will become the best version of yourself in no time if this factor is in play.
- Accept mistakes – Make blunders! Yes, you should leave room for errors because they are unavoidable. When you do make mistakes, get back up and carry on with the lessons you’ve learned. Most of the time, the absence of errors indicates that you are not exploring new territory.
- Ask for assistance – One thing to remember is that “you are not an island!”. Humans are inextricably linked in so many ways; no one is the pinnacle of knowledge, and no one is useless. Where you may be lacking in knowledge and skill, another may be abounding. When assistance is required, you should seek it.
Why you must develop yourself in our world today
If you want to keep up with the world, you must change as well. This means that you must be willing to examine your current level, your path, your plan, and your actions in a consistent and disciplined manner.
We live in a globalizing world. In this world, it is critical to stay current with trends, to be at ease with change, and to grow so that you can contribute to society.
We are in the midst of a period of rapid change. Many people are looking for a new direction in their lives. A change of scenery, a new job, a new environment, and a new way of life.
If you don’t take these steps, you’ll probably stay at your current level of development. You’re also likely to lag behind the changes going on around you.
All of these things are positive and will help you grow. It is critical to be able to identify your own needs to meet them more effectively.
Hindrances to personal development
There are numerous impediments to personal development, and the following are some of the most common:
Lack of self-awareness
Many problems stem from a lack of self-awareness. It is extremely difficult to correct what you are doing if you are unaware of what you are doing. The following factors can contribute to a lack of self-awareness:
Trauma is a major contributor to a lack of self-awareness. If you have experienced trauma in your life, you must investigate what occurred, why it occurred, and how it affected you.
Emotions are universal in humans. It is critical to comprehend the role of emotions in personal development as well as their control. Unbridled emotions can prevent a person from accessing the deep riches of their true inner self’s abundance.
Many people have a negative self-perception. Because they are unable to recognize their strengths, this can lead to a downward spiral of self-depreciation.
Lack of motivation
When things are going well for you, it can be difficult to remain motivated. When things are tough, it is even more difficult to stay encouraged.
It is critical to find the motivation to examine yourself, plan for the future, and take consistent and disciplined action.
Lack of clarity
When things aren’t going well for you, it’s nearly impossible to stay clear and focused. It is critical to be able to identify your goals to achieve them more effectively.
Anyone seeking personal development and enhancement will be stymied by a lack of clarity, as it will thwart all efforts.
Those who struggle with low self-esteem often find it difficult to grow because they are too preoccupied with pleasing others.
With this restriction in place, always pleasing others equals never pleasing oneself.
A goal and a plan for achieving that goal are the only ways to achieve tangible and measurable personal development results. If you don’t know where to start, examine your current level, your path, and your plan, and take consistent and disciplined actions.